kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: MOving FROM Florida to CAlifornia!!!! help!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Herp Shipping Forum ]

Posted by JnR on January 26, 2002 at 01:09:17:

In Reply to: MOving FROM Florida to CAlifornia!!!! help! posted by beth on January 25, 2002 at 01:32:53:

Hey Beth,
I recently moved from California to St. Louis (school to more school....I'm trapped!) and moved about 60 snakes and a few big mice colonies (such good breeders, I couldn't part with them). For me though, I had a moving truck I drove and used large styrofoam coolers without any probs. You mention flying.....with the way things are these days at airports (ie. terrorism, security, etc) do not even attempt to bring the animals on without getting some serious approval from the airline. Them finding anything wrong can shut down an entire airport these days, and land you in a world of hurt. If you can get an ok, they will be just fine in a carry-on. I can't say for sure about baggage checked in, but I will say I have snuck a snake or 2 on that did well, so I suspect even the areas of checked bags have atmosphere control. Remember, these days they are checking EVERYTHING, or at least assume they are. You are probably better off overnight shipping the animals. Drop an email if you want me to explain how to do that. G'luck with it and say hello to good ol' California for me.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Herp Shipping Forum ]