kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Can a virus save Frogs from fungal disease? . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Ringneck Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: My Crestie *Passed Out*

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]

Posted by aisha on October 11, 2002 at 21:06:15:

In Reply to: My Crestie *Passed Out* posted by KimH on October 11, 2002 at 20:35:53:

:I had a similiar problem when I went on vacation. I had some one watching my lizards but the person didn't spray my crested's tank down the whole week and my crested had pooped in her water dish and it was never refilled. She also turned the heat light on all week because she thought it was too cold. It was in the high 80's in the cage most of the week. When I got home my crested was acting funny then I saw what had happened in the cage. I took her out to check on her and she suddenly rolled over and stopped breathing. I screamed and cried for about a minute then as sudden as it happen she just perked up like nothing happened. I then hand feed her and clean the water dish and sprayed the tank down. I think the lack of water and the heat was too much for her. It was midnight so there was no local vets open. The next day she was fine so I watched her for the next couple of weeks to check to see if this was a one time thing and it was. I won't be taken a vacation anytime soon. You may check if she is dehydrated and or over heated but still you should probably still go to the vet.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]