kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

My Crestie *Passed Out*

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]

Posted by KimH on October 11, 2002 at 20:35:53:

I just had the scare of my life...my little Crested (4 months old)has been in the process of shedding. I have provided a warm humid hide for her that she has put to good use but when she came out I noticed some skin still on her foot. I let her walk on my hand and very gently put a finger over her foot so that when she walked the skin would possible catch on my finger and come off. I put no pressure on the foot at all..just made my finger available to be brushed against. Well, she made a squeaking sound, opened her mouth and passed out...whole body became limp, mouth open and she seemed to stop breathing. She really looked like she had died. After what seemed like forever she took a deep breath and *came to*. Has this ever happened to anyone? She does not mind being handled (of course not when she is opaque) and will actually climb to the top of her cage to come out. I will be calling the vet in the morning..anyone have any ideas as to why this would happen?

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]