kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

well, since nobody else help u,,...........

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]

Posted by falconer44 on February 19, 2003 at 14:37:38:

In Reply to: Help - trying to posted by shortydsm on February 17, 2003 at 22:57:27:

my local petsmart also had one, but someone stole it (lol, they were trying to sell it for $200)

but anyway, cresteds eat fruit baby food, like papya and mango.
THey need a tall cage, and a humid environment.

it would be really hard to go over everything, but DO NOT! I REPEAT DO NOT PUT IT WITH THE ANOLES OR THE DRAGONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the dragons will eat it, and it will die w/ the anoles.

go to
http://www.geocities.com/crestedgecko
and
http://www.gexfiles.com

good luck

:Well I posted this in the gecko forum and they told me to come here... There is an adult(?) Crested Gecko at my local Petco that has been there in an uncleaned, small tank for over 8 months now. He is missing his tail completely. It makes me sad to go in there & look at him, I know he deserves better than that sh*thole place! (Sorry, I have many issues with Petco!) They are trying to sell it for $90, which is already half price. Obviously, no one has wanted to spend that much on a lizard with no tail that looks so sad & never seems to move from its one branch :-( so I'm going to try to get the manager to give it to me for free or at least discount it more so I can give the poor guy a nice home. If they won't let me have it, I will just switch the box & put the UPC number of an anole on there instead so I'd only have to pay $8 for it, which is like stealing I guess but it's worth it for the cause, to me at least!

:Anyway, I already have 2 anoles in a 29gal and 2 baby water dragons in a 50gal... could the Crestie be housed with either of the lizards I have, or would I have to go buy another tank? I was thinking of maybe putting him in with the anoles?
:What do they eat? What is the best temp/humidity? Any other sites I can go to for info? I am not sure how old he/she is, but I held it before & it is about the size of my palm (w/o its tail of course) and since they've had it almost a year, I'm assuming its an adult?

:I know nothing about their environments or what they eat (obviously Petco doesn't either) so I need all the help & advice possible before I take my negotiating & debate skills over to Petco. Thanks all ~Danielle

:
:

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]