mobile - desktop
3 months for $50.00
News & Events:
Posted by Gecko2525 on December 08, 2002 at 22:00:22:
In Reply to: What is a good way to not get your crested to freak out..... posted by Gecko2525 on December 08, 2002 at 17:51:01:
To answer everyones questions or future questions in one post:
- No I have not be overhandling him, if anything I am under-handling him.
- I tried handling him in the day and night. I figured during the day he would be more calm. Then at night I thought he wouldn't be so grumpy. I have really just been handling him at night because of what you said, not waking him up all the time (I felt bad anyway).
- I was the one who said I wash my hands before handling another reptile.
- I have a metal lid with a door in the middle and it doesn't come off easily. With this lid he can't climb off of the tank edge onto my hand. I don't want to switch to a screen lid because I don't really like them that much.
- No I don't grab him I try to let him crawl onto me.
- If I tap his legs to get him to crawl onto my hand he FREAKS OUT and jumps over my hand and smashes into the glass and runs up the side.
- Everytime I touch him he goes nuts and runs around and jumps everywhere (blind) and I am afraid he is going to hurt himself.
- In case anyone is wondering it isn't a calcium thing either. He gets it every other day on crickets and multi. once every week.
- One more thing. Yes the cage is big enough (25 gallon tall).