kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Tinley Reflections: An open letter from Mom . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Couple of questions about my new crestie.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]

Posted by Jen C on October 28, 2002 at 09:52:42:

Well we got our new crestie on Wednesday and he is just soo lovely. However I have a couple of comments/questions. First so you get a background, he is a sub adult male, about 3-4 inches long. He lost his tail prior to us owning him but it has all completely healed. He is in a vertical standing 20 gallon glass tank with peat moss substrate, branches, plants, hiding place. Temps during the day are around 76 and at night about 62-65.

1. He seems very inactive. I know he is possibly just getting used to his new home so I am not really worried yet but if I take him out of the tank he runs around on me and leaps about the couch - the second I put him back in the tank he just stays in whatever position I put him back in for hours and I mean exatly the same position. Is it quite common for them to be this inactive or is he stressed or too hot or too cold?

2. His "sticky" feet don't seem very sticky. He is fine climbing the branches and certain things in his tank but he was trying to climb the glass the other day and slid right off. When walking up my arm and stuff again he just slides right off.

3. I read that fruit baby food is good for them. I noticed the other day that all fruit baby food in the supermarket is blended with rice. Is this bad for them? Can you get just pure fruit baby food or should I just stick to mashed fruit.

Sorry for the long message with lots of questions. I did do my research before buying but as always in these situations, once you actually have the guy in your home there are so many more questions arise.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Jen

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]