kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Tinley Reflections: An open letter from Mom . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

My tank and pix of a turt basking

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Red Ear Slider Forum ]

Posted by dsres on May 13, 2003 at 09:16:44:

In Reply to: My tank and pix of a turt basking posted by kiwiturtle on May 12, 2003 at 21:01:14:

I haven't had the chance to set it up yet. I bought the Fluval 204 first but I was worried it would have too much suction power.
Silly question but what do you use to attach suction cups and other pieces of plastic? Crazy glue? Where can you buy suction cups? I think I will do that.

I also bought a picture of a sea bed and attached it to the back of the tank. You can get them in pet stores. For easy removal, I attached magnetic strips to the top and bottom so they stick to the top of the tank.

:I sort of put the platforms together myself. I attached suction cups to some flat disposable plastic-ware (like the lid to a box) that's about 5"x8". Then attached another flat piece of plastic to it at an angle, serving as the ramp. I've seem pictures where people just invert a shallow plastic tray (which you can get at a dollar store, for organizing little things in the house), attach some strings to it and suspend it on the water surface. I think that should work pretty well too! The good thing about these DIY platforms is that you can always custom make them to accommodate your turtles. Hope that helps! BTW, I like the picture of your 10-G tank setup! How is the fluval-104 working for you? I have an Aquaclear 300 which I've been using for the past 3 weeks and I'm quite happy with it.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Red Ear Slider Forum ]