kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

This is the worst day of my life !

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Rat Snake Forum ]

Posted by WaiLuiherp on February 04, 2003 at 14:10:05:

When I woke up this morning, I smelled some burning smell in my house. My roomate Mike told me that he also noticed the burning smell in the middle of the night, but he found no fire in the house. One thing I know is that Mike will never go into my reptile room, because I don't want people to get inside and disturbe my animals.

So I went to check my reptile room right away, I found the room filled with smoke and a burning smell. First I thought it had caused by the portable heater, but I found that burning smell actually came from one of my cages. This was the cage where I housed my female anerythristic moellendorffi, by the time I took her out, she was gone already, now my heart is so broken. The reason I wanted to share this with you is that I want people to know that those underneath cage heating tape is not 100% safe. I wonder if anybody here has had a similar experience like this before.

She was a beautiful giant, you don't see that many female moellendorffi grown to over 6 lbs. I am not sure if I will ever find another anerythristic moellendorffi in my life again, but I am sure that not many people have seen an anerythristic moellendorffi before. I took a photo of her this morning, take a last look at her.

Wai

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Rat Snake Forum ]