kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: PIC attempt

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Rat Snake Forum ]

Posted by shesco on January 22, 2003 at 09:53:32:

In Reply to: Re: PIC attempt posted by pyrotek2k on January 21, 2003 at 20:20:35:

Hi Jon,
Both of my snakes are about 27 inches long now, and they really like to keep hidden in one of their 8 hide boxes except for early morning and late evening when they both go trekkin around their home, or during the day after I clean their setup or hold them. They actually spend between 50-70 percent of their time climbing around the grapesticks and plastic vines and will frequently bask off the ground, especially after eating. They even get up under the lid and will spend a lot of time there. Good thing it has locking clamps on it as they are quite strong even at their young age.
I keep the temps relatively cool, 75-85 on the warm side and 60-70 on the cool side and even lower at night. They move from the warm to cool side depending on their comfort level, but the cool side will actually drop to the high 50s at night and they both seem to like to sleep in that kind of temp.
They are both being fed thawed pinky mice and I feed them every Saturday. They will eat between 4-5 pinkies in one meal and I find that the food bulges are gone in a matter of one to two days after eating. They would probably eat more pinkies and more frequently but I have read that over feeding can make them fat and not as healthy.
I hope this helps but I am learning something new with them every day.
Your Russian is really cool looking!! I really like the pattern on her. Good luck with her and I think she would really like some climbing things in her home.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Rat Snake Forum ]