kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Zoo Med Repti Therm_UTH  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Thanks for the info Dwight . . .>

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Rat Snake Forum ]

Posted by terryp on January 16, 2003 at 12:58:09:

In Reply to: Re: Thanks for the pic show Dwight. . > posted by Dwight Good on January 15, 2003 at 17:40:29:

a friend of mine here in town bred 2 albino Cal Kings and got the worst clutch, all normals (double het for albino). The best thing that can be done is to raise the offspring and breed one back to one of the parents. The albinos produced from that will be homozygous for the same alibino gene, but will be het for the other albino gene. Offspring from those will produce albinos for the same gene. You need to keep this group separate if you want to keep producing albinos for the same gene. Like you said, your strain #2 is like that so there is a chance they carry the other albino gene wich may match the gene in strain #1. No biggy to me. In fact, I took a pair of the double het Cal Kings to do just that. Now if my friend doesn' get rid of the parents without letting me know first, lol. I wouldn't have been able to possess them s captive bred if my friend didn't have a native reptile propagation permit. One of the reasons I said worst clutch is that you don't need a permit to possess or propagate albinos in California. If you have an albino pair that throw albinos you can breed and sell. The albinos threw captive native normals which require a permit. You can collect two Cal Kings and possess them, but not captive bred without the numbered receipt with the permit number.
Thanks Dwight for the anwer to my Old World question. Just thought I'd ask. You've never shown signs toward Old World and jsut wanted to know if one hadn't caught your eye.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Rat Snake Forum ]