kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Why are baby racers difficult?...more

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Racer and Coachwhip Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Vanan on April 14, 2001 at 02:28:09:

In Reply to: Re: Pls help with info... posted by dan on April 13, 2001 at 18:08:06:

I was planning to ptu em on papertowels for a while first, just so that I can monitor for mites. But will put em on aspen after a week or so. btw, why are baby racers diffcult to establish? Issit cos they're nervous, or they require different prey to get them going? Thanks again.

Vanan

: : Sorry for reposting but I never got any replies and time is running short. I just wanna make sure I have the best for them. Below is the post I'm referring to.

: : Getting my WC racers soon from Glades (Finally!!!). Just asking for suggestions for good, minimal stress, housing for them. Was thinking of putting one of em in a 33gal, covered with a cloth partially, just to acclimatise em. The problem now is, where do I put the other 4 racers? lol. Would a 11gal Rubbermaid be ok, keeping in mind the positive effect of UV light on them and their level of activeness.
: : Any other suggestions for someone plannin to breed these gorgeous species. Any info at all is appreciated. Hopefully, I can introduce CB racers (I'm not kiddin) into this part of the continent. Yay!

: : Vanan
: : P.S. And I am dead serious abt breedin them. And yea, I have done my research but would like to hear from some more experienced ppl. CHeers!

: vanan--- if you keep them on aspen, they will tunnel thru it making them feel more secure. it is a good idea to cover them and leave them alone for a couple of days or so. provide water! they are liable to be real thirsty. i have several that live in a converted china closet. they seem to like it up high. they stay near the top and watch everything like a hawk. they also like it a bit warmer than alot of snakes and will thermoregulate once the light comes on. i wouldn't count on raising baby racers however. you have a better chance of hitting the lottery.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Racer and Coachwhip Forum ] [ FAQ ]