kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Pls help with info...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Racer and Coachwhip Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by dan on April 13, 2001 at 18:08:06:

In Reply to: Pls help with info... posted by Vanan on April 13, 2001 at 17:14:46:

: Sorry for reposting but I never got any replies and time is running short. I just wanna make sure I have the best for them. Below is the post I'm referring to.

: Getting my WC racers soon from Glades (Finally!!!). Just asking for suggestions for good, minimal stress, housing for them. Was thinking of putting one of em in a 33gal, covered with a cloth partially, just to acclimatise em. The problem now is, where do I put the other 4 racers? lol. Would a 11gal Rubbermaid be ok, keeping in mind the positive effect of UV light on them and their level of activeness.
: Any other suggestions for someone plannin to breed these gorgeous species. Any info at all is appreciated. Hopefully, I can introduce CB racers (I'm not kiddin) into this part of the continent. Yay!

: Vanan
: P.S. And I am dead serious abt breedin them. And yea, I have done my research but would like to hear from some more experienced ppl. CHeers!

vanan--- if you keep them on aspen, they will tunnel thru it making them feel more secure. it is a good idea to cover them and leave them alone for a couple of days or so. provide water! they are liable to be real thirsty. i have several that live in a converted china closet. they seem to like it up high. they stay near the top and watch everything like a hawk. they also like it a bit warmer than alot of snakes and will thermoregulate once the light comes on. i wouldn't count on raising baby racers however. you have a better chance of hitting the lottery.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Racer and Coachwhip Forum ] [ FAQ ]