kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

You know you're a herper when..

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Python Forum ]

Posted by Kestrel on May 10, 2003 at 03:50:26:

Just thought some other people here might find this amusing.. Most people here know that yes, i am "young", and that I live with family.

I was getting ready to feed the larger of my snakes tonight, and in the process got hungry myself. So I made myself a sandwich.. Then went to the basement freezer and pulled out some rabbits and a couple bags of jumbo rats, Piled them all carefully in my arms, and carried them back to the kitchen. Then came the delimma. Once I had loaded my arms up with frozen rabbits and rats, I could no longer carry my sandwich. Hmmmmmm. So I managed to get the sandwich perched ontop of my stack of frozen animals I had in my arms, and was walking upstairs to the bathroom(i dump them in the tub with warm water to thaw), when I passed my mother on the stairs, who stopped. Looked. And emitted a rather loud "EWWWWWW!!!!" and a "Damn Brie you're morbid!". My responce was just "what? saving myself a trip." and a snicker. It really is funny the differences in opinions of whats "gross" or acceptable, between herp people and otherwise. Although I have to admit the image of myself with an armfull of dead animals, and a sandwich perched ontop of it all, is kind of funny.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Python Forum ]