kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Worried (Am I Being Paranoid)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Mountain and Tree Dragon Forum ]

Posted by kashmirtiger on April 07, 2003 at 00:15:18:

OK, I'm a bit worried about my baby. I haven't noticed any droppings in his cage in quite a few days and given all of the talk lately about impacted bowel I got a little nervous. Thursday I came home for lunch and when I took him out of his cage his vent looked strange (kind of swollen like he'd been straining) to me so I rushed him to the vet. She did not noticed any blockage in his abdomen and told me to soak him in warm water once a day for twenty minutes. I have been doing this faithfully (and let me tell you, he hates it!). Today it seemed to work a little, although he didn't poop, I did notice some white stuff pushing out. His color is good but he's sleeping a lot and today when I put him back in his cage he tends to stay where I put him. When I have him out of his cage, he's more active and more alert. He's not really interested in nightcrawler's or mealworms. He did eat about 10 crickets the other day. I will get him some more crickets tomorrow since he's eating those but I don't want to add to the problem if he is having problems eliminating. Should I be overly concerned or am I being overly paranoid? The vet suggested that if the warm water doesn't work that I could give him a drop of mineral oil, has anyone ever tried that? She did tell me that she has never seen an MHD in her practice but she seems very compatent, caring and willing to learn. I've grown very attached to Aragorn and couldn't bear to have anything happen to him. Help!!!

Kinsey

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Mountain and Tree Dragon Forum ]