kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

black milk feeding schedule

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Milk Snake Forum ]

Posted by ballyhoo1887 on April 21, 2003 at 20:52:30:

Hello all. I was wondering how often to feed adult black milks, how much, and what size. I have read from the VPI black milk care sheet that they have jaws that are "deceptively long" and are capable of stretching to engulf a medium rat, (a 6 ft + snake). Is this true? The picture of the black milk milk below is of a very muscular, healthy-looking snake. What kind of feeding regimen is it on? I've been getting mixed reviews, and I thought I'd ask from someone with a good looking snake! BTW, my buddy has a couple of frozen corn snakes that he's going to trash unless he can find someone to take them. Would it be safe to feed to my snake? I read some guy preaching about how you should feed reptiles to reptile-eating snakes. I don't necessarily agree with that, but since the snakes are frozen, plus they were captive-bred to begin with, would it be safe? Might be a nice treat considering most lampropeltis love other snakes as food. The snakes died of heat loss during a ice storm. Thanks for your help,

-Mack

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Milk Snake Forum ]