kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: apartment complex rules, I have had this happened and

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Herp Law Forum ]

Posted by mchambers on January 17, 2003 at 08:48:29:

In Reply to: Re: apartment complex rules posted by DandK on January 16, 2003 at 22:45:54:

it's all in the lease. i had not only have had this happened to me but have fought this for other people in the leasing agreements including home associations communities. BUT are we talking a couple of reptiles ( snakes ) or a whole mass of reptiles ? Is there positivley a wording of caged animlas, reptiles, birds, anoying animals, feed animals, restricted animals, size of pets, what kind of pets/animals on this lease ? This is what you have to look at. I won my case but still moved beacuse of the impact of the spiral down fall of future hassels of NEW lease agreements and other neighbors feelings. Others that I tried to help didn't come out as lucky. Did the managment know of these animals before you moved in ? Do they know that they are CAGED animals like birds and tropical fish ? If you want to know more and are in the right of the wording of the leasing contract, contact me. Please keep in mind what the other poster stated as well. You have to be legal in all of the other aspects in order to fight this situation. Now just think of what a person would go through if they OWNED a home or townhouse and this came up in a home association ! The very worst scenario is to get out of your lease, let someone else keep your animals, or just plain get rid of them. What are you willing to do ?

M Chambers

:
:

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Herp Law Forum ]