kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Reintroduced Siamese Crocodile exhibits first time nesting . . . . . . . . . .  Can a virus save Frogs from fungal disease? . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: OH Press: Animal case cost Kenton $30K

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Herp Law Forum ]

Posted by Mr. D on December 14, 2002 at 01:46:04:

In Reply to: OH Press: Animal case cost Kenton $30K posted by W von Papineäu on December 13, 2002 at 13:53:53:

Of course I'd have to see the RSA's that govern animal cruelty but somehow this just doesn't sound right meaning that I don't think that all of the facts are being reported - as is often the case in any court situation. If the actual apartment was declared "condemned" then there's definitely more to the story than is being told by the media. I also find it somewhat difficult to believe that SOME form of restitution isn't provided for in the RSA's. Of course, I also marvel at how multiple counts of animal cruelty can be pled down to "a single order of disorderly conduct" as the two infractions could not possibly be more diametrically opposed. However, I hate to say that I'm not shocked. It's amazing what the legal system will do when it doesn't want to actually deal with a problem.....

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I believe this story took place in Kentucky. That being the case I find it interesting that a judge would "order the transfer" (i.e. dump) of these animals to an out of state facility without providing some form of funding to ensure proper care of the animals. And without any associated funding, I'm surprised that the facility would agree to take the animals.

As far as ordering this kid to perform his community service at the facility that his animals are being transferred to that's actually putting the fox in the hen house as opposed to simply leaving the gate open for him - I would've thought that a better solution could have been found. If I were in that situation I would have to respectfully but firmly deny that the kid have any access to my facility - regardless of the condition of the animals. It just opens up too many potential legalities.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Herp Law Forum ]