kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Colorado Anti-Exotic Laws

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Herp Law Forum ]

Posted by faunexotic on December 07, 2002 at 00:49:42:

In Reply to: Re: Colorado Anti-Exotic Laws posted by LK on November 12, 2002 at 15:07:35:

:I emailed and ask them to correct the problem

::Just applied to Colorado Wildlife department for a permit to keep venomous reptiles etc. called a commercial wildlife park permit $100.00 a year and had my facility inspected and passed. The district supervisor had to sign off and refused, a reason was not given. Upon further checking I am told only 5 permits in 15 years for exotic reptiles had been issued. This is in my opionion a bogus permit put out on the web just to look legitimate as a Wildlife Department. I was told to remove my C.l.lepidus from the Great State of Colorado or face prosecution. Here is the link to the Colorado Special Permits Division, please email them and inquire what it would take to change such a blanket law as they have in place. http://www.wildlife.state.co.us/special_licensing/index.asp
::Check out their first page stating that anything not on the unregulated list is against the law. Funny thing is that Gilas and Beaded Lizards are on the unregulated list (which I love since I will secure many), go figure!!!
::Sincerely
::Wlamor/Fauna Exotica Inc.

:Please don't post to the forum if you are not serious about changing the state or federal herp regulations that threaten all interested parties that enjoy reproducing and keeping herps in captivity. After all it takes the pressure off of wild populations.
:

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Herp Law Forum ]