kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Herpetofauna laws of Michigan & crocodilian shipping

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Herp Law Forum ]

Posted by Ravenspirit on October 08, 2002 at 12:47:02:

In Reply to: Herpetofauna laws of Michigan & crocodilian shipping posted by boiga on October 08, 2002 at 09:10:12:

Well, because spectacled caiman are now listed as an invasive species, and are listed on the endangered species list by default (simalarity of apperance to caiman yacare) they can not be sold across of state lines.

So, you may be able to legaly purchase one in your state, or get one for free as an adoption out of state, but purchasing, or selling one over state lines without the proper lisances, is a violation of the lacey act - and a serious criminal offense. I dont know what getting one legaly into canada would entail -

So, mabe center on breeding dwarf caimans (who are still legal here in the states) if you are interested in propagating crocodilians -

Raven -

:I was also looking for info on crocodilian ownership and I found something that mentioned that crocodilians cannot be shipped across state borders or something. Can someone please explain this to me? I own 1 spectacled caiman right now, and in the distant future I wanted to try my luck at breeding spectacled caiman. I also have love for all other species of crocodilian. What would I do with the offspring if they cannot be shipped across state lines? Someone please clear up the confusion. Thanks!

:(For those of you who are wondering, I am not from the US but I would like to move there someday. I currently reside in Canada, not too far from the Michigan border.)

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Herp Law Forum ]