kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: King in the classroom - What do you think?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Kingsnake Forum ]

Posted by Paul m on April 05, 2003 at 19:05:12:

In Reply to: King in the classroom - What do you think? posted by shannons on April 05, 2003 at 17:41:18:

What type of king snake are we talking about? My experience is with Cali. Kings and Brooksi Kings. They are both wonderful pets and I would trust them not to bite. Having said that I never let the 5th graders I teach hold my bull snake. It has never bitten me or even threatend to do so, but that is one parent phone call I don't want to have to take. I'm the only one allowed to hold the snake in my room and the kids are welcome to pet it as long as I'm holding it in a way that makes it even more unlikely for someone getting bitten.
IMHO

:Today I met the son of one of my co-workers in the pet store and he has a adult king (in a very secure cage) that he said we could have if we would like. (Too many snakes and he's running out of room :) The kids have missed having a snake since our last corn died... According to him, it is very docile, and eats 5 mice every 2 weeks. (We raise our own mice in the classroom) Is this the type of snake that could be safely handled by 14 year olds? What is everyone's opinion? Thanks!

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Kingsnake Forum ]