kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Mexicans

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indigo Snake Forum ]

Posted by afflicted on May 13, 2003 at 05:57:22:

In Reply to: Mexicans posted by cf on May 12, 2003 at 22:46:24:

I had sold a surplus male several months ago. I tried to get a pair from a very large venomous dealer. We had phone conversations, emails, etc. That went on for 18 months until all the promises of pictures and "arrange for shipping" were broken. Then the pair listed on the site was down to one male but I was way to freaked out to chase down this guy again for a purchase. Besides, I only wanted the female but was willing to take the pair. There are lots of people not online so maybe eventually I will cross paths with someone. Thanks.

:I actually came across at least 2 dealers from the kingsnake dealers list that had Mexican Spilotes available, but I unfortunitely don't remember who it was. I had time to kill and went through the whole list, but I think they were both close to the top.

:Not a really big help, but if you have some time to kill its worth a try.

:Looking forward to baby pics!

:Freight

:
:

::The bottom pic is actually two males. The smaller one depicted in the picture is a long term captive. The female I described as not posing for pics is much, much larger than the male and is in another enclosure. The body shown in the foreground is a Mexican ssp that came from Dick Bartletts last clutch before he got rid of the project. I can't find any Mexican ssp females for him but would love to find one. They are actually known for having quite a bit of orange on them. I was planning on possibly using one of these males down the road to "freshen up" the bloodline. Anyone reading this, if you have or know where I can find a Mexican locale, please let me know.

:::Really beautiful snakes. The male andd female (new ones in last photo) are they imports? And, does the female have peach/pink on her? I can't tell if its the snake or the photo.

:::Thanks for sharing!

:::Joe

::
::

:
:

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Indigo Snake Forum ]