kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

I see where you were coming from........................

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indigo Snake Forum ]

Posted by GRR on March 19, 2003 at 01:41:04:

In Reply to: I think it was just me.. a summary if you want to save time posted by Doug T on March 18, 2003 at 23:57:28:

I read all the posts in the python forum. I see where you were coming from.

I think it was wrong for you to have personal attacks done to you. I will not keep different species together, but I am not going to bash you for stating that you or anyone you know does.

And I do agree with you. If th Animal is thriving what is wrong with it. To each their own.

Well untill next time
GRR

:I was saying I had seen it and that both were thriving. It was Not a recomendation for how to house either Burmese Pythons or Indigos.

:It was part of a discussion on housing different species together. Some folks were becoming rather insulting to others about it, so I thought I'd toss a touch of real-life, seen with my own eyes experience about the very first indigo I ever saw in the flesh. It was being housed with a big ol' burmese python, and had been for years.

:Several folks were bringing up the real risks involved with housing different species together, while others mentioned that I should never have children or be allowed to keep animals because I thought it possible that certain species might actually be able to coexist in the same cage.

:I promise Ville, I will do my best not to have children of my own. I can't promise that I'll not keep animals though.

:Doug T

::I'm no expert, but a few people over at the python forum told me this was OK. I was just wondering what you guys thought about it. If you don't believe me, check it out for yourself. This is not a troll attack, but a serious quandry.

:

:
:

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Indigo Snake Forum ]