kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: In my VHO, iglets like to be handled

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Iguana Forum ]

Posted by Flavia Guimaraes on April 15, 2003 at 23:04:14:

In Reply to: Re: In my VHO, iglets like to be handled posted by kamido on April 15, 2003 at 21:51:59:

im not sure when i took that photo.I think it was on Christmas.So Kenya was at that time around 7/8 months.

My igs keep their green and bright color until they are 2 1/2 , 3 years old.Shena my almost 3 years old male just lost his beautiful green color.That happened a few weeks ago.It happened suddenly!One day he was bright green, the other dark, gray green!!lol!

About iglets changing colors when they are handled, i agree 100%!Kenya often does that!Perhaps that happens not only because they feel safe in our hands but because our hands warm their little bodies!
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

green unt:How old is the iguana in the picture? Just wondering cause Kam is starting to get his adult colors (just a tiny bit) and i was wondering what age they start to show that much.
:btw yesterday I didn't get to hold him when I usaully do and when I looked in his cage just before bedtime he was very dark stress colors all over. got him out and he started to turn bright green just from being held within a few minutes.
:

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Iguana Forum ]