kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: In my VHO, iglets like to be handled

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Iguana Forum ]

Posted by stardust on April 15, 2003 at 23:30:47:

In Reply to: Re: In my VHO, iglets like to be handled posted by Mark_And_Aimee on April 15, 2003 at 23:16:48:

I don't know about that Mark, two of my igs come to me freely, they change some color but if I get up and start cutting greens, I give them some as I go along, they eat. I think if they were scared they would do the ignore thing. They are very curious about anything I am doing, one, Anna will seek me out to find out. And Monte, who is another almost full free roamer (in a seperate room of course.) will come out to have me take him potty or when he is hungry. He has no problems coming onto my hand and letting me take him anywhere. In fact he does not explore much EXCEPT when I am with him, and he has full run of a room.

::About iglets changing colors when they are handled, i agree 100%!Kenya often does that!Perhaps that happens not only because they feel safe in our hands but because our hands warm their little bodies!

:I'd have to say this is your opinion of what lizards do when you hold them... Compare that color change to a REALLY scared baby ig. Similar? YES. Just like your picture of a small iguana laying FLAT on your hand, showing stress colors. Is he comfortable, enjoying the body heat, or is he scared to death, and just trying to stay as low as possible, hoping no one will try to eat him?

:Something to think about....

:Mark
:

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Iguana Forum ]