kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

A word on punks

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Herp Humor Forum ]

Posted by Marwhal on January 03, 2003 at 02:50:12:

I've always been intrigued by the punk thing. What is the motivation. As far as I know it is a rebellion against socities pressures to go with the flow. I'm all for that. I've played in punk bands and I've played in rock, country, bluegrass, and pop bands. Oh, and if you have ever heard of a punk band without actually going to the show...it's not punk. A true punk band plays at a bar once, gets kicked out halfway through the show, and is never allowed back again. So if your listening to your "punk" CD, you have no idea what punk really stands for. As far as the spikes and leather and black clothing. I know several real punks and while they are easy to pick out in a crowd, they don't spend an hour spiking their hair in the morning or dyeing it. That's the whole thing. You get out of bed and you are ready for the day. If it's about not wanting to be a part of a society in which everyone looks alike, I've got news for you. All you pseudo-punks, you look exactly alike. And if it's not about trying to scream to the world "I'm an individual, if you don't believe me look how crazy I'm dressed today!!!" If it's not about that then why do you feel compelled to describe your dressimng habits to us here on these forums. You're supposed to not care about appearances and yet you start every post with, "You should have seen how weird I looked."
I realize this has nothing to do with herps but neither does your pink hair. I'm not trying to insult you, you are on the right track, but stop watching MTV and go to a real punk show. Better yet strap on a guitar, crank it up, and scream about taking phamaceuticals and overturning cars. Now that's punk.
Quick quiz: What year is known as "the year that punk broke"

Oioioioioioioioioioioi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Herp Humor Forum ]