kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Not funny, but a question...kinda long, too...please read

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Herp Humor Forum ]

Posted by Squee on December 26, 2002 at 20:15:08:

I don't know if anyone will respond, but, I am gonna post this on other sites, too...

Ok, so, I was asleep...and my little brother comes running into my room, "Lorena, Colin wants to see the snake!" I groaned and yelled some words I usually don't, or can't, say to my brother, then said,"Ahem, I believe he just saw it last week when I brought Neo to your school..screw you, go away!" And went back to sleep. Later, I finally got up and asked if he still wanted to see it. Long story short: Luca and Colin had taken a look themselves and now Neo was gone. We spent the whole day listening to Nirvana as we searched my room. We put the whole house on alert, so everyone kept an eye out for my adorable ball python with the scar on his head...then, finally Luca goes, " I found, now give me the ten bucks!" He was under my drawers. You know how they have kinda sharp edges on the bottom? Well, the thing was too heavy to move, and he was stuck. I pulled him out, and he was al scratched up along one whole side of his body. I called the vet, and he went that next day, with incredibly infected wounds...He stayed for a day, and then I had so me antibiotic ointment, 10 shots with Baytril and betadine to do every day. I did it every day and gave the shots better then my mom, who found it horribly disgusting, yet, to me, it was incredible and that is why I'm gonnabe a vet...anyway, he seemed to be getting weaker and more infected. He had about 6 more checkups, and things were getting worse. It even started to make me sick, the way he looked. Then, to make maters worse, he tried to shed! I took him back once more, after he hadn't eaten and had a long talk with Dr. Sam Vaughn(famous vet...) and Dr. Lazas. Finally, they gave me more Baytril and some aloe stuff. I just finished those yesterday. Actually, a little tale: I was doing the shot by myself one day, and I injected it. As I was pulling it out, he jerked and I somehow managed to stab myself in the base of the thumb. So, now I had some Baytril and snake blood..wow, was I nauseous...and then, the next day, I had finished the shot and tried to close it one handed. The top slipped nad I stabbed myself with it, bending the needle, and ripping at my skin. I cussed loudly and I mom had to work the needle out of my pinky...hope I don't get some diease...anyway, I'm stupid...so, now, I tried to call Dr. Lazas and ask wether that huge shot of B-12 she gave him was working yet na dI should feed him...well, she wasn't able to talk to me all day...should I bathe him, or what? Should I continue the aloe? I finished the shots yesterday..somebody give me some advice...he has these really bad cuts, like scrapres, that are starting to heal, but he just seems weak...should I feed him, cuz he didn't eat last week..damn, I spent all Christmas worrying about my snake..my mom won't even take him to the vet anymore because it has already cost us $600...yet this snake means so much to me..i am very angry with her...how can I talk some sense into her? I mean, in periods of severe "teen depression" the only thing that kiept mew from killing myself or going insane was Neo..someboyd please help me...I'm desperate here...

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Herp Humor Forum ]