kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

lester pls-read/cable

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Horned Lizard Forum ]

Posted by chuckelliott on May 10, 2003 at 08:56:28:

In Reply to: Touche' Jeff!! posted by Cable_Hogue on May 08, 2003 at 08:25:27:

Cable made my point about dogs/cats and human affection.

My other very logical point was that the distribution of several species is very large and therefore is a defence against over collection or habitat destruction. I drive through NV every May accross Hwy 6 right through the middle of the state. I see short/desert habitat the entire 700 mile stretch. I actually see dozens of Hls along the way siiting in the road. (more than people/cars)The same species lives in palm Springs, down by Anza Borrego, in Az. Short of a nuke, I believe it would be impossible to wipe them out. The SD coastal I've seen at the top of Ortega Hwy on rocky steep trails in areas I wouldn't have thought that they would be. (in large numbers)
My point with this species is there is no need to outlaw ownership.(bags limits and breeding should be encouraged) If the entire Sd population were somehow wiped out due to house and farms in their range, the sd hl would still have a large undesturbed habitat in the Clevland Nat'l. Forrest. Therefore don't arrest the kids in Vista/Oceanside who are lucky enough to find one in the fields by their house.

Chuck

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Horned Lizard Forum ]