kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Western Hog not eating, very thin, please Help!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Hognose Forum ]

Posted by Hlynn1975 on March 22, 2003 at 20:17:27:

My little baby hog has only eating 2 or 3 meals since I got her in November '02 and she is very thin, I can see her spine. I don't know what to do, the guy I got her from said she ate fairly well for him.

Here is what I have tried so far.

feeding her newborn pinks frozen/thawed
feeding her newborn pinks fresh killed
feeding her newborn pinks live
feeding her newborn pinks scented with goldfish
feeding her newborn pinks in a small container
feeding her newborn pinks in a small container that I have run under very hot water before offering it to her.

I can't find any feeder toads/lizards around here that are in any sort of condition that I would want to expose her to, most are so full of bugs/diseased that I won't bring them into my home and it's to early here to catch them.

Any ideas for me to try? Should I offer her a pinky cut up? Should I cut up the goldfish and offer her that? Should I force her mouth open and put a pinkie head in there hoping she swallows on her own? I've worried that if I don't do something she won't last long.

I would appreciate any and all help.

Heather

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Hognose Forum ]