kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: That's too bad...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The General Snake Forum ]

Posted by Classic_Dums on February 04, 2003 at 04:26:36:

In Reply to: Re: That's too bad... posted by boaboy13 on January 31, 2003 at 18:23:15:

I also followed the burm forum messages. Also I agree that MOST minors do not need large constrictors. And I know it's hard not to take some of the things said personal (I must have missed the one that called you stupid, that was uncalled for) but it happens every time a teenager posts on wanting to get a large snake, so it's not just you. I can understand your frustrations but I do have one question, were you planning on going to a local college before or did that change just because you want a large snake? I hope that you wouldn't change your educational plans just to be able to have a large snake. Your education is far more important as you need it to get ahead in this world. I can see you are very frustrated with us adults right now. I know how you feel about shows two fold. My 10 year old son could run circles around most of the people who step up to our table about reptiles, he knows alot for as young as he is. But people do not listen to him either, or they look at one of us to make sure he's right. I just tell them listen to the kid, he won't steer you wrong. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Also being female and working at shows, you get the people who are listening to me but looking at Jason for confirmation. This totally infuriates me. Jason has alot more experience with breeding, aggressive snakes, etc. But I am a bookworm and have read alot and retain the information. When it comes to the tech. side, that's my end. But I am gaining more experience each day. He has been doing this for 13 years and myself for 4 years. Big difference. All I can say about shows is you have to prove yourself. That's how I did it. Just talk and talk, and post on here (I know you haven't had a good experience but I do think spell check will help.) Alot of people attend shows, post on here. I don't know how many times at each show I have someone come up and hey it's Danni. And I am not knocking you for not being a good speller, you should see Jason's posts before I edit them. He knows what he's trying to say but is not good at putting it down and he's 27. Some people just have a hard time with it, it's nothing to be ashamed of. You never know if the person that posted the original question is listening or not unless they respond. I have also been told that I was wrong on posts but get an email from the original poster saying what I posted made more sense. So don't give up yet. I would hate to see you go away from these forums with a bad taste. It's really a good place to learn and help and we all know that people need help here. What I do is look for the posts no one has answered to and post there if I know the answer. I hope this helps and I know I have been rambling, but I understand your frustrations, just know we are not all like that and it will get better.

Danni :) SMILE

:Thanks, im 14 to, but i need to change my name, maybe boaadult98, and talk like a preast. But i would go to a local collage and live at home, and i don't have room for two so i wouldent breed, (it was a thought at the time) But thats not the only fourm that is like that, i have been cussed out, yelled at, and told i had the most stuped ideas on alot of other fourms, it makes me so mad, i wright for 10 mins giveing adive to somebudy and i get a reply saying it was dumest thing the have herd of and that i was a retard, (eg: I told some one that it helps to soak snakes when they have a bad shed, he replyed saying that was the dumest thing he herd of and told the guy not to listin to me, and told him to put it in a wet snake bag, they have a hard time breathing in a wet bag!!, i tryed it once). But i have had it with trying to help people out on here, they just wont liston, and at reptile shows, i was a vendor once selling my baby amazons and a guy a few tables down from me were selling some to, mine were cheeper, but he just about sold out, i dident sell any, he came up and we traded out. Just people don't like teenagers, and don't liston to us or trust us, why? Im just tierd of it.
:well thanks for listing and not yelling my head off
:philip

:
:

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The General Snake Forum ]