kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

In the field this coming year....

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The General Snake Forum ]

Posted by PitFiend on January 30, 2003 at 20:02:00:

Well since the field collecting forum is down I figured that I would post this here...

This coming year I am planning on spending way to much time in the field documenting specimens and photographing them. This will be my first season out in the field but I know the areas here very well and I am learning/reading/searching out info all the time in preperation.
I have made plans to do nothing more than take photos and document species as I am new to field-herping and do not wish to cause harm to the herps or to myself. I will be purchasing Gentle Giant Tongs and a hook as well. The area I live in is eastern Montana and Rattlesnakes and Bulls are on the list of species I will be looking for.
I have a couple of questions:
1: Are there any websites that deal specifically with field-herping?
2: Any reccomendations as to books?
3: Any tips, thoughts, pointers or Ideas?
4: Any one want to come along?:-)

#4 is indeed an invite if any of you ever get up this way and would like to head out into the badlands of eastern Montana. If so just contact me via email.

Thanks for your time and knowledge sharing,
Charles

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The General Snake Forum ]