kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Zoo Med Repti Therm_UTH  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Update about Fear Factor !!!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The General Snake Forum ]

Posted by davk on January 16, 2003 at 01:29:09:

In Reply to: Re: Update about Fear Factor !!! posted by spilotes on January 14, 2003 at 23:52:01:

:Thats really great! I wrote a bunch of e-mails when I saw how they had abused herps on their silly show - glad to see someone else was willing to take the time. I saw this week they switched to frozen rats! Better than herps, eh? Good to see some are willing to take their time to help the public image of herps and stop this stupid abuse - stick with it man!

:Joe

:
::
:: Just got a reply from the AHA regarding my query about Fear Factors use and abuse of snakes . I did ask about this when the issue first came up and have and still do feel a continueing contact with the AHA is in order and that they deserve our support . Take a look at the reply I got . Let me know what you think .

:: Kevin

:: Dear Kevin:
::I do recall our conversations regarding the snake challenge on the episode
::of "Celebrity Fear Factor." AHA, after months of frustration, has
::successfully contacted the production company, Endemol, and opened up a
::dialogue with the producers. As yet, we have no assurances from them
::regarding the use of animals, but we understand that they plan to contact us
::after they have had a chance to consider some of our concerns. We hope to
::hear from them soon with a committment to shift the emphasis of contestent
::challenges away from the use of live animals. I look forward to contacting
::you with a progress report that will ensure the future welfare of the
::animals used on the show.

::Thank you for your continuing concern.
::Regards,
::Karen

::Karen Rosa
::Communications/Post Production Manager
::American Humane
::Film and Television Unit

:
:

Kevin,
Karen Rosa is a post production manager. She is definetly not the one down there you should be talking to. A post production manager's job is to schedule editing, music, voice overs, etc. They passed you off to someone they knew did not make decisions of this nature in an attempt to get "the crazy animal rights freak" out of thier hair. You need to do two things: One, contact the Executive Producer directly at his office, and two, find all thier sponsors, and write a letter of protest directly to thier HQ offices detailing why we, and several thousand others in the herp hobby will be boycotting thier products--let them put the presure on the production company to stop using herps to sell thier show. They will be more persuasive than we will ever be. You can also get in contact with the Los Angeles county humane society and voice your concerns to them as any production that uses live animals must have a representative from the LACHS present during filming, and they ussually are very swayed but public opinion. Horay for Hollywood...

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The General Snake Forum ]