kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Reintroduced Siamese Crocodile exhibits first time nesting . . . . . . . . . .  Can a virus save Frogs from fungal disease? . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Update about Fear Factor !!!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The General Snake Forum ]

Posted by spilotes on January 14, 2003 at 23:52:01:

In Reply to: Update about Fear Factor !!! posted by klorentz on January 14, 2003 at 23:47:39:

Thats really great! I wrote a bunch of e-mails when I saw how they had abused herps on their silly show - glad to see someone else was willing to take the time. I saw this week they switched to frozen rats! Better than herps, eh? Good to see some are willing to take their time to help the public image of herps and stop this stupid abuse - stick with it man!

Joe

:
: Just got a reply from the AHA regarding my query about Fear Factors use and abuse of snakes . I did ask about this when the issue first came up and have and still do feel a continueing contact with the AHA is in order and that they deserve our support . Take a look at the reply I got . Let me know what you think .

: Kevin

:

:
: Dear Kevin:
:I do recall our conversations regarding the snake challenge on the episode
:of "Celebrity Fear Factor." AHA, after months of frustration, has
:successfully contacted the production company, Endemol, and opened up a
:dialogue with the producers. As yet, we have no assurances from them
:regarding the use of animals, but we understand that they plan to contact us
:after they have had a chance to consider some of our concerns. We hope to
:hear from them soon with a committment to shift the emphasis of contestent
:challenges away from the use of live animals. I look forward to contacting