kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Thank you.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Frog and Toad Forum ]

Posted by EllasMommie on April 10, 2003 at 08:34:51:

In Reply to: Sorry...never mine. posted by Knot on April 10, 2003 at 00:02:20:

Thanks for the info! I'm going to return the basking lamp and just get a light for the plants (UV?). I don't want to cook my poor little froggie. I'm going to hold onto the heater for the water side since we keep it pretty cool in our apartment but I'm only going to set it for around 70-74 degrees since my water temp would drop pretty low with the air conditioner running. (When I had the tank set up for fish the water was around 65 without the heater.) The setup we are working on now is 37in long x 13in deep and 15 1/2in tall so they will have lots of roaming space. I'm going to cover the three sides too like I keep reading so no one tries to go splat on the glass ha ha. I'll put down river rocks first (they are about 1/2in in size) then top the land part off with soil and leaf mulch (where can I get that btw? Home Depot maybe?). Should I put the river rock on the water side or is it best to leave that clean? Or maybe sand? I have some clean landscaping sand I can use if that's a good idea. We are going to try and set up just a small water fall using the pump and some stacked flat rocks and lay some PVC piping cut down to form a stream running to the water. I have the water plants and I'm going to pick up the land plants today. Probably a couple little low growing ferns and pothos. Are there any land plants that the leos eat too? And would a small ficcus be harmful to them? Or would I be better off with a tiny palm of some sort? I'd like to put a small tree of some sort in there for hight just for my veiwing pleasure, you know?

Thanks again all, you are all my pros and I want to do this right. (didn't have much luck with the fish.)

Heather
EllasMommie@yahoo.com

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Frog and Toad Forum ]