kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Got my first frilled dragon

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Frilled Dragon Forum ]

Posted by buddy1900 on November 27, 2002 at 08:23:22:

I just got a baby frilled dragon about a week ago. It's about 4 months old. He's really been alot of fun so far, the way he prances around with his head up in the air! But he's very well acclimated to his new surroundings. He was eating and drinking on the first day even though the shop said he wouldn't. I've had many lizards over the years and really don't need any help with him, but I was wondering, is there a sure fire trick to getting him to put his frills out? I mean, besides startling him. I've gotten a couple video clips of him when he sort of exercises his frills in the evening. But I'm trying to get a picture and I just can't catch him at the right moment. Looking at the size he gets, I'd like to keep him as tame as possible. By the way, he's very tame and friendly. He even gets along with my Emerald swift! Not in the same tank of course, but I've got a cute picture with the two of them together in my hand. As soon as I figure out the picture thing, I'll post some. But I'd appreciate some advice on getting the frills out in a nice way if you know of any. In the pet store I walked in front of a tank while holding him that had a hyper monitor lizard in it. His frills came all the way out and his mouth opened wide. His frills are bright yellow so as much as he was trying to look tough, he looked like a little flower! But it was a sight to see. I said to the girl, "I'll take him!"

Mike

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Frilled Dragon Forum ]