kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Got my first frilled dragon

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Frilled Dragon Forum ]

Posted by bransun3 on November 28, 2002 at 13:47:04:

In Reply to: Re: Got my first frilled dragon posted by buddy1900 on November 28, 2002 at 00:45:36:

yeah..Mine always lets me open up his frills, and he kinda likes being scratched behind them too..and on his ears.. Does anyone notice that they kinda make their eyes bulge out at times. Mine seems to do that every now and than.. Kinda freaks me out.

/:Well what do you know. He will let me open his frills. He kind of likes being scratched behind them. It's not like when he opens them himself, but at least I can show people. Thanks.

:Mike
:

::Oh yea, he gets misted about three times a day and seems to like it. He drinks from the mister when it drips as well. Soak him? No, they didn't tell me to do that. And I don't think they were doing that. But they did tell me about all the misting and the higher temperature than the other lizards. Pull the frills out? Hmmm, you know I kind of tried to do that but he didn't seem to want me to. So it's definately ok to do that? I'll see what I can do.

::Mike
::

:::When taking a frill pic, most people hold them in thier hands and just pull the frill out. You may also want to take a close up pic. My two babies frilled at my camara the first few times, but soon got used to it. Also, I do not know what the pet store told you about misting and soaking them, but I would mist him two to three times per day and soak him once per day. They really need a lot of humidity. Jacob.

:
:

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Frilled Dragon Forum ]