kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Huh?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Field Collecting Forum ]

Posted by erik loza on April 24, 2003 at 23:28:30:

In Reply to: Huh? posted by herpmaineiac on April 24, 2003 at 23:08:30:

Actaully I haven't spent much time searching for Z's
-Agreed! Perhaps I am still missing CDF&G's role in this discussion. There are very few people breeding zonata here in California, and z.z. would be at the bottom of that short list. Did you know that it is not illegal to breed that snake here? The babies can't be sold or released but can be given away. I was one of the first guys to get the Sec. 185.5, Title 14 permit back when it became available and on that list of species-in-possession and breeding records, my pet zoner always appeared. And every year, Phil Nelms, the most "cop-like" DF&G person I've ever met signed my renewal. I've been stopped plenty of times by game wardens, border patrol, and local cops while field herping. Every time they ask me what I'm doing, I show them my fishing license, tell them what's going on, and am sent on my way without further issue. I could catch a z.z. right in front of warden on Clayton Ranch Rd. and would be completely within my legal rights. Once again, "What's the issue?".

:Talk about reading into a post.

:. DFG is interested in illegal breeding which has been posted on this very board. Unfortunately there isn't the man power available to the state to determine population density and/or the general health of the species. A for instance, Wolverines (g.gulo) the state has no clue how many of these animals are in the state and has neither the money or manpower to spend trying to determine the fact. Eventually I wouldn't be suprised to see animals granted special protection based simply on the concern that a population is in peril (like the Wolverine). The developers will be allowed to continue destroying habitat but the guy buying the license that supports DFG will continue to be screwed.

:Why so defensive, do you fear like I that perception is reality to DFG and the people at large?

:I did get the fortune of watching a couple guys screw each other over on Z's sharing a location that they were shown themselves.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Field Collecting Forum ]