kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Thanks

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Field Collecting Forum ]

Posted by txherper on April 02, 2003 at 21:21:58:

In Reply to: Re: So, You're One of Those Guys... posted by chrish on April 02, 2003 at 20:17:54:

Hey Chris, if you were following the birds then you've probably been to the Brazoria NWR. That place is one of my favorites minus the mosquitoes. That's interesting that you mention some finds in Colorado County for similar habitat. I've noticed the same for some species in neighboring Matagorda Co. As for the T.s.s., they still turn up sporadically in Brazoria. There was one tin dump that I used to frequent in the deciduous floodplain. I had herped it for about 3 years without seeing a garter, but one spring I found at least four different individuals (all adults). I never saw another there after that spring and the tin has since been removed (just a cleanup, the habitat is still intact). I have found or had people bring me them from all different types of habitat, some from peoples backyards. I've also seen several DOR on the road that runs through the BNWR. Last August after a heavy flood I came upon 1 DOR, and on the second pass I saw another DOR. Last November I found one under a piece of tin on the saltgrass savannah. In my experience I haven't noticed a decline, just very sporadic encounters (nothing scientific of course). Anyway, thanks for the reply. Shane

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Field Collecting Forum ]