kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Poll: What do y'all pay for 50#s of rabbit pellets?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Feeder Forum ]

Posted by FroggieB on April 22, 2003 at 16:59:49:

In Reply to: Poll: What do y'all pay for 50#s of rabbit pellets? posted by JM on April 21, 2003 at 19:20:41:

Holy Buckets! [That’s a colloquialism in these parts ; ) ] I live in a town of 2300 in central South Dakota (God’s country!). I go to the feed store here in town and they want to sell me the poison blocks! I tell them they wouldn't need the poison blocks if they would just leave the snakes alone! ; ) In the 1 1/2 years that I have lived here everyone has come to find out that I am crazy and they call me the snake lady, now the snake and rat lady! LOL! My main thing is raising mountain horned dragons but it’s the snakes and rats that bother everyone. ; )

Anyway, the closest town that is larger than here is 70 miles away and their feed store doesn’t carry any such thing! I have to go all the way to Sioux Falls 140 miles away to pick it up myself. I don’t know what it costs there but I pay $29 for 50# when my feed store gets it for me from Sioux Falls! It sounds like you all have it easy and you’re complaining about cost! HOLY BUCKETS!

As for rabbit feed, they only carry the stuff for nursing does at $13 for 50#s. Needless to say, last time my husband went to Omaha I had him pick up a couple 50# bags of rabbit chow and a couple 50# bags of Gentle Touch (pelleted aspen litter about the size and shape of rabbit food) and bring them back for me. I have a doctor appointment in Sioux Falls tomorrow and plan to see what they sell the rat chow for.

So, here its $29 – 50# rat chow, $13 – 50# rabbit feed! I plan on cutting back on my herds!

Marcia

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Feeder Forum ]