kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Making Taipans ridiculous

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Elapidae Forum ]

Posted by Richard Mastenbroek on October 29, 2002 at 02:19:17:

In Reply to: Hoser's Taipan ... WW your stuck with the name posted by Paul Hackett on October 28, 2002 at 20:42:51:

Hello Raymond,

Firstly, RM, species and subspecies are not the same thing. I suggest you take a rudumentary course in taxonomy and nomenclature.

I really don’t need a course in taxonomy and nomenclature as I know perfectly well the differences between species and subspecies. At this point do I need to correct you. As I had a course in nomenclature and even remember the stuff they learned me. If you really know that much about this subject you need to remember the first thing they told you a scientific name is always written in italic as you never do this in your post, do I think I might learned you something new.

You write a artilcle about a new subspecies of Taipan and do this in less than one page, so I doubt it that there is any valid information in this so called paper.

Second have you ever seen this newly described subspecies?
And when yes post a picture of this snake or maybe even snakes?
I love to see those things. What is the biggest difference between those subspecies?
Do they have a map of Western Australia on their head, because this is really new for me as my own taipans don’t have a map on there head. LOL

I need to say that I love your freehandling pictures.

Why do I like them?

First this are not taipans this are juveniles, when you want to play the big hero buy a ticket to Holland and you can play with my taipans :-)

I wonder if you still want to freehandle than when not I can give you some Dutch smokes and you might try it ahahaha.

The second thing I liked from those pictures is your face!!!
Be honest Ray you look like your pens is full of SH*T.

Third when I was a Taipan I would have nailed you, just because you make my family ridiculous.

Have a nice day

Richard Mastenbroek

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Elapidae Forum ]