kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

UGF and vet update

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Water Dragon and Basilisk Forum ]

Posted by JoeyP on May 09, 2003 at 08:33:07:

First of all, I'd like to mention that I was one of the people had a wetland filter. I had to disassemble it though, I believe it was to small to be efficent. Anyways, when I started it, my WD had just finished up roundworm meds, and I just had a fecal done and found out he's clean. I was really surprised, I assumed he was still sick. Second, a question. I converted to a undergravel filter and so far I like it. The 'waste' circles around for a while until it breaks up and then get's sucked down to the bottom. I set this up with a powerhead and saw in the directions something to reverse the flow. That is, it would draw water through a sponge filter from the pond area and shoot it down the pipe so that it comes from under the gravel. They claim that this is better for lizard etc becuase it captures that large waste in the filter and the bacteria can work from under the gravel. I have to issues with that though. One, my dragon will undoubtly hang, climb on anything in the water, he will do this also to the filter. Now, I'm going to the pet store later today, so I'll look at the filters, but is all the waste collected on the outside, or could it be sucked into something first. I just don't want him to hang on it and get covered with it. Second, since I use a powerhead, he hangs on the jet all day and seem to love the water rushing past him. I'm thinking he won't like the water coming up from under him as much since it won't be as powerful. Any ideas, anyone tried this with the flow reversed, otherwise I'll probably just leave it. I'll look at them while I'm at the store today. I'm gonna buy a few small plants for the water (even though they'll just get kicked around). The banana plants looked kinda cool.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Water Dragon and Basilisk Forum ]