kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Public Apology to DFWHS

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ DFW Herp Society Forum ]

Posted by lampro on September 12, 2002 at 21:45:42:

In Reply to: Public Apology to DFWHS posted by troy h on September 12, 2002 at 18:13:36:

:after receiving two emails (one irate and one reasonable) this afternoon after getting home, i felt that i should make a public apology to the DFWHS.

:i'm sorry if any of you (members or officers) took my recent post as "attacking" you personally, your officers, or you as a society. it was never my intent to do anything other than to refute some of Kenny's points regarding "herp shows killing herp societies" and to present a word of caution about associating intimately with herp shows. i'm more than a bit surprised that my words were taken so personally by individuals that i respect, because they were not meant to be personal - rather i was attempting to point out what at least one portion of public perception is, and that you (as a society) ought to be careful.

:i ventured into this discussion on a public forum, rather than discussing it privately with the officers of the society, merely because the topic had been already been brought up by other parties, and i felt the urge to comment on the topic, make a few points, etc. personally, i enjoy public discussion - argument is not a bad word to me, because i view the word by its true definition - "discussion oppossing points of view with rational discourse" (as opposed to the more colloquial use of the word meaning "the yelling that two or more people do when they are mad at each other!" LOL!).

:So again, let me say i'm sorry if any of you were offended in any way shape or form.

:Sincerely
:Troy Hibbitts
:817.461.5238

Apology accepted from one of the board members, Troy is right we as a society do need to be careful,about Expo and thelike. Signed James Clifton DFWHS Board member

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ DFW Herp Society Forum ]