kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: herp societies and shows

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ DFW Herp Society Forum ]

Posted by masmith51 on September 11, 2002 at 14:13:13:

In Reply to: herp societies and shows posted by troy h on September 11, 2002 at 09:47:31:

Everybody's an expert on DFWHS and too few actually ask for the real story (sigh). Here are some comments I'm taking the liberty to make; this isn't an "official" comment, and the other officers might even prefer I didn't reply. But as a co-founder and officer I think I'm knowledgeable about what our society has been doing.

We have gone to some length not to foster public bickering and arguing about how we ended our relationship with Texas Reptile Expo. I'm not going into the details and justifications here. But I can tell you that there had been discussion among the officers and board and the decision was one that we all pursued, unanimously, without hesitation, and without anyone having to convince others. Though it may be pointless to say this (everyone makes up their mind without burdening themselves with the facts), we were not aware of any alternative expo at the time that relationship ended and we emphatically did not end one just so we could switch to another.

And, as has been noted, we have no partnership, sponsorship, or business relationship with Carl's expo.

I would invite interested parties to talk with us directly, come to a meeting and talk with the officers, and join us as a way of getting the facts and shaping the direction of the society. It depends on whether you are more interested in dialogue or in editorializing. Meanwhile those who actually do participate in the society understand that the interest in field herping, herpetology, ecology, and conservation are alive and well.

Michael Smith
Editor & Secretary, DFWHS

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ DFW Herp Society Forum ]