kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Bleeding Cloaca!??

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Cyclura and Ctenosaura Forum ]

Posted by reptileszz on March 17, 2003 at 06:15:13:

In Reply to: Bleeding Cloaca!?? posted by Matthew W. on March 13, 2003 at 10:19:12:

Hi Matt, I am very interested in the fact that you are experiencing this. Tashmoo did/does the same thing periodically. When it first happened it was soon after I got her. It was precisely as you describe. Just a tiny bit of fresh blood only in the wiping process. I took in a fecal and it came up clean. I decided to keep an eye on it. It has happened (where I have actually seen it) I would say like 10 times since I have had her. I haven't seen it in awhile though. It seemed like the bulk of the time it was happening was when she "forced it". She has always been a stress pooper. If she had already pooped and I picked her up and she tried to poop again to make me put her down is when I saw it the most. It was like a "second poop" thing. I dont know if I am making any sense here. She has even had a second fecal done by Dr Innis back in November and it also came up clean so I have chosen not to worry about it.

Does this help you at all?
Carole

:For the last week, Petros has been leaving a small amount of blood behind when he wipes his cloaca after pooping. Petros has been eating well and pooping every day (his poops are very firm and consistent). The blood is not in the feces but left when he drags his bottom. I'm afraid that maybe one of his blood vessels was ruptured when he was sexed by Blair or he hurt it some other way since then. Now I will certainly take a fecal into the vet to make sure it's not intestinal but I'm hesitant to take Petros in since he's so small and appears completely fine otherwise. He's not bleeding from his cloaca when closed, only leaving a little behind when he inverts it to wipe after pooping. Has anyone else experienced this? Should I try to bring him into the vet? I just don't know what they can do for him except traumatize him by trying to open up his cloaca. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

:Sincerely,

:Matthew

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Cyclura and Ctenosaura Forum ]