I am wanting to know about the toxicity of C.m.molossus venom. I have heard/read that it only produces local systemic effects but I have also heard/read that it is as bad as C.atrox/C.adamanteus. Any help would be appreciated.
I saw your question on the main venomous board, but Iím not exactly sure what you want to know. First, "only local systemic effects" does not really make sense. Systemic means effects are widespread, occurring away from the bite site (in other words, not local). Local means effects are restricted to the region of the bite site (i.e. not systemic). This doesnít mean, however, that you canít have both in an envenomation case. For example, envenomation by C. molossus has been described in the literature as producing severe localized swelling / ecchymosis at the bite site (hereís a local effect) as well as hypofibrinogenemia / abnormal clotting (and hereís a systemic effect). So what is it you want to know?
The next arm of your question notes that youíve "heard / read it [C. molossus venom toxicity] is as bad as C. atrox / C. adamanteus". Are you asking how the LD50 for blacktail venom compares to that of western and eastern diamondbacks? What do you mean by ďas bad asĒ?