kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Patrick, Tom, Dave, everybody, mite info...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Chuckwalla Forum ]

Posted by BJ on April 08, 2003 at 20:15:07:

In Reply to: Mites... posted by paalexan on April 08, 2003 at 10:30:53:

Everyone, I've got some news about the the Natural Chemistry products, like De Flea Reptile Relief. You guys should know I'm a complete, die hard sceptic when it comes to most of the bogus reptile crap for sale out there. I have recommended Provent-a-mite before, and it works well with iguanid lizards and Hirstiella mites, but I've personally seen it's use kill two collared lizards deader than a doornail within about two hours after application.
It seems to have no adverse effects on chucks or other iguanids, but something's got to be up when it can kill two perfectly fine lizards in a very short time. The Reptile Relief actually works extremely well and is completely harmless to all types of reptiles, snakes, lizards, whatever. It uses a combination of a fungicide and acid to break down the exoskeleton and cause the little bastards to crap their little blood sucking organs out. It's truly a beautiful thing.
I've experimented with it at home, and it works like a charm. I had to borrow a lizard with Hirstiella, but it kills them dead on contact. It works just as well on basically any insect. You can spray it directly on your dog for fleas, or keep it on the counter to kill roaches without having to worry about any negative effects on people or animals.
The oil method will suffocate the mites it covers, but won't help you when it comes to the mites or eggs left in the cage, even if you scrub the hell out of it. The No-Pest-Strip is a complete waist of time with lizard mites. They only kill snake mites.
I'm telling you, this stuff works and I'll never recommend anything else again. I even went so far as to test it and other things like alcohol and oil on live mites under the microscope here at home. This stuff beats them hands down.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Chuckwalla Forum ]