kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

dusted fruit flies

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Chameleon Forum ]

Posted by charm_paradise on May 11, 2003 at 15:50:48:

In Reply to: dusted fruit flies posted by lele on May 11, 2003 at 11:19:36:

Hi- Yes it is hard to keep the dust on the insects. They are very good at removing it, crickets are the worst. You may try putting a piece of fruit in the tank and the fly's on the fruit where the chameleons seem to eat at. This should keep the flies on the fruit and you can keep better track. Have you tried pinhead crickets if they are big enough to eat them, and also may be newly hatched silkworms! Were they bowl feeding them at the breeders or were they free roam feeding, if you can find out how they were use to eating, it may make it easer for you to acclimate them to there new home. Hope this helps!

John

:I just got my leaf cham's and have been giving them dusted FF but it almost seems as tho they are cleaning themselves off (of the dust) b/c I see them climbing up the tank with no dust!? I make sure I mist before putting them in so I don't give them a shower LOL!

:B/c these guys are so tiny it's hard to tell if they are eating or not...thoughts?

:lele
:

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Chameleon Forum ]