kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Problem Cham - Looking - What to buy?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Chameleon Forum ]

Posted by dank7oo on May 09, 2003 at 17:37:44:

In Reply to: Problem Cham - Looking - What to buy? posted by lele on May 09, 2003 at 17:21:26:

well its more like ... he is 2 years old and this had been happening for 1.5 years ... its not totally new, but i had not given up until i got bit :( it hurts
:I have to ask...what will you do with your old one? I would think if you've had this one for a long time, and this is new behavior, something may be upsetting him and stressing him out. Wouldn't you rather work with this one to figure out what is going on with him? Just my thoughts, but I think when we take on the responsibility of any animal we are obligated to take care of it thru its life. I don't know if you have been following icequeen's posts but there were many times she could have given up but didn't and she has now been well rewarded - and so is Zoe.

:Sorry, I don't meant to come on too strong as you never know how a post is intended or taken, but it just sort of sounds like "well, this toy is broken so I guess I'll get a new one." Or did I miss your intentions?

:::i have a full growm male veiled cham which just recently started biting. i used to take him out almost everyday, but lately i cant even get my hand inside the cage. this is quite agrivating, and getting to the point where i want a new one (because what fun is a cham that bites). anyways, i dont want another veiled, so i have a question:
:::what cham should i buy?
:::i want one that is good with being handled (even as adults)
:::looks cool (of course!)
:::and it has to be a reasonable price (i am looking to spend up to 200$)

:::i am also looking for a good live plant that can survive off the misting of a cham for a 4 foot tall mesh cage

:::please let me know and thank for your help!
:::Jason

::PS the cage is 4 feet high, 3 wide, and 2 deep

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Chameleon Forum ]