kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

i need some help, Jax is sick

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Chameleon Forum ]

Posted by Kaitlyn on April 28, 2003 at 18:14:28:

I have been on this forum long enough to know that the most likely answer for a question pertaining to a sick chameleon is "take it to a vet". I have taken my year and a half old Jackson to the vet twice for fluids, anti-biotics, and a force feeding of vit. and prot. enriched mix. I have been trying for about a month now to bring the weight up on him (before i found out he was very ill) and then he stopped eating, drinking, and slept...alot. I rushed him to the nearest vet i could find, and he gave him fluids, anti-biotics, and said that if he makes it through the night to come back again tomorrow. He made it, and we returned. Now I must force feed him at home, but he will drink willingly. I purchased this Reptile product called "Jump Start" and after mixing it with water (if i don't its like molasses) i open his mouth and administer it with a syringe. the only problem with this is that it has very little protine. I need to know what other thing i can feed him to get his weight up and get him eating on his own.
Cage set-up
He has a 65 gallon reptarium with two ficus trees and pothos plants. A UVA UVB reptisun 5.0 bulb, and a basking lamp. The humidity is around 60% and temps are from 70-78 in the day, and 64-68 at night. The only thing that i can think of that could have caused this problem is that one week, the temp. in the room that he was in spiked up to about 85 for about 4 hours during the day while i was at school. I quickly moved him to another room that stays at a constant temp. If anyone has any thoughs on the matter, My Jackson and I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

Kaitlyn

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Chameleon Forum ]