kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Well, it's decided...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Chameleon Forum ]

Posted by chimbakka on April 24, 2003 at 21:27:45:

Orion is a she. I looked through all of the pictures in the photo album on here. I saw a male exactly Orion's size and it had a bit of colour. Orion is developing rusty colours. I do have to say though, she is shaping up to be a LOVELY female. When she is calm she gets diamond markings on her sides, and when she is roaming around she has brown stripes on a rusty beige back. There is a bit of orange in here, and the stripe is creamy more than white. When she is mad she gets dark brown stripes down a creamy brown back.
The picture I saw of a five month panther wasn't much bigger than Orion is. I think the pictures I have seen before just made the panthers look bigger because of the view. In the pic I saw today the male was on someone's hand. They also had more colours, and I figured it was because they were bigger. I am VERY happy about this. That means that she isn't really that far behind in growning. Do females grow at a slower rate than males? How much can I expect her to eat? Also, what size do female panthers usually reach?
I will try and get some pictures up on here soon. :)
~Lindsay

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Chameleon Forum ]