kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

What is new in the world of Orion...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Chameleon Forum ]

Posted by corn_snake_123 on April 24, 2003 at 11:14:27:

In Reply to: What is new in the world of Orion... posted by chimbakka on April 23, 2003 at 20:44:10:

nice to know hes getting better lindsey. i hope its all good news from now on.
Jamie

:Well, Orion seems to be healthier now. He still won't eat much, but he IS eating on his own, and for now I am happy with that. I made a cool little cricket food bucket thingy for him. It was just a small metal easter bucket I found at the grocery store. I cut a hole in the bottom and put a fake branch thing (looks kind of like a pothos) in the hole. I also glued some of the fake leaves around the sides on the insides so the crickes can get out a bit. This way, there are crix climbing around in the bucket, in reach of Orion, and some crix free-roaming in his cage. I put a bunch in this morning, and when I cleaned his cage tonight there weren't a lot to be found. I'm hoping they were eaten, not hiding.
:I also got a drip system today. I am back to working during the day, so I am not at home to spray as much. I have it raied on a tub thing, and it drips onto a half of a plastic hose. The water runs down and drops off of that into a cup with some pothos vines in it. He can get to the dripping part b/c it is near a tree for him. I hope he will use it. I showed him it today, and he had a drink. I guess he will be able to figure it out... It will be SOO much easier when he is in his final cage. I won't have to worry about making the water fall in JUST the right place so it goes in the cup. That was a pain in the butt.
:I feel badly for Orion. His cage has been changed around too much (from humidifier, to food, to drip system changes). The poor guy probably thinks he is on a world tour. He seems pretty adaptable though. I know he doesn't LIKE it, but he doesn't seem to be freaking out too much. Hopefully things will work how it is. I don't want him in a "new" environment untill his new cage this summer. I can't wait to have it set up and ready! I think it will do him a lot of good to just be in a comfy home that is the same from now on. Note to self *figure out cage COMPLETELY before getting cham*. I had NO idea how much work it would be!
:I think he grew a bit. He seems a little fuller, and maybe a bit longer.
:I guess that is about it. Any info or suggestions on how to get him to eat a bit more would be GREATLY appreciated. I have the lighting so it is a bit brighter for him. That seemed to help a bit. I saw some stuff in the pet store that "stimulates the appetite" and "balances electrolytes" for $10. I can't remember the name of it. Has anyone tried anything like this? If so, did it work? I may give it a try. Thanks for the help, as always!
:~Lindsay
:

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Chameleon Forum ]